Terms & Conditions of between us (Ultimate PT Training) and you the Student
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. The website contains a secure payment link which must only be used in relation to purchasing a course or paying a deposit for a course.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
The following terms and conditions are the basis of the contract between Ultimate PT Training of; 138 Lakeview Way PE78DH and yourself.
Please read them carefully as a contract is a legally binding agreement if you enrol or submit an application form.
1) Applications must be made on the official enrolment form via our enrolment team at head office, It is known as an ILP, (Individual Learning Plan), this will be emailed to you for enrolment, once sent back by you via email or by post, this is acceptance legally binding of our terms and conditions of sale and business, between us and yourself.
2) The completed enrolment form contracts you to attend and pay for the course(s) as detailed in the application process and is legally binding.
3) This application will only be accepted with the deposit / first payment or full fee. The deposit or your first payment (whether a deposit or payment in full) is non-refundable. Eligibility for a full refund is applicable in the first five days after booking only.
For Flexi and Home Learning courses, in addition to the deposit there may also be a charge for any special course related materials such as on-line learning registration, Course materials and tutor time as appropriate.
4) Distance Learning only. Students who have made an agreement to pay in instalments and who are not up to date with those instalments, will not have their course work marked and access to any on-line account may be restricted until payments recommence.
5) The full course fee is payable at time of booking or in instalments if arranged with the Ultimate PT Training, If you cancel or transfer within 28 days, the deposit, or your first payment, is non-refundable and you will be liable to an administration fee of £150.
6) For all courses -The balance of course fees, i.e. the total fee(s) less the deposit previously paid, is due no later than 30 days after the start date for the flexi / self-study courses and 7 days before the start of the full time course. The only exception to this is where a payment plan has been authorised by a Course or Programme Director. If a payment plan is agreed, payment must be made within the stipulated time period or you may be withdrawn from the course. Any payment made up to that date will be non – refundable.
7) If you are unavailable when course materials are delivered to the address provided and they are not collected from the local depot an additional distribution fee may be charged.
8) Level 4 courses will commence approximately 4 months post completion of the level 3 courses. Level 3 GP referral course or advanced level 4 courses cannot be started or enrolled into unless 50% of course payment is made.
9) With respect to any of courses (including fulltime and flexi learning) courses we understand that occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, applicants may have to alter their arrangements. In these cases every effort will be made to accommodate the change although there may be delays in enrolling students onto alternative courses. A letter of cancellation, together with an alternative booking (on our enrolment form), must be received at our Head Office no later than 30 days before the start date of the original course. In such circumstances any fees paid, including the deposit will be transferred to the alternative course. In the case of cancellations not accompanied by an alternative booking, a refund of fees paid, less the deposit or first payment, will only be made if the cancellation is received at our Head Office no later than 30 days before the start of the course. N.B. No refund will be given for changes or cancellations made with less than 30 days’ notice. Under no circumstances can the deposit be refunded. An administration fee will be levied for any changes (see point 14 below).
10) Bookings for the Master Personal Training Diploma (MPT.Dip) are for the Diploma courses as a whole and not for the individual modules and as such, will be treated as a single course. Refunds will therefore not be given for course down grades. For example, an MPT.Dip downgraded to Certificate in Gym Instruction booking will still be liable for the full MPTD fee.
11) It may be necessary from time to time to change/cancel course dates, content, venues and prices from those published. Whilst we will make every effort to transfer your booking, together with any payment made, to the next available course at your preferred venue, it should be noted that we will not be held liable for any costs/losses incurred as a result of any such changes.
12) All modular bookings within the MPT.Dip are subject to availability. Ultimate PT Training reserves the right to keep a modular booking on hold (e.g. Certificate in Personal Training) until the start date of the relevant Diploma. If you have a question regarding this issue please contact your local training venue.
All modular bookings within the Enhanced fitness diploma, either individually or collectively must be made by contacting the bookings department. Only once you have received confirmation from the bookings department will you be eligible to attend. Non-attendance of any CPD course will incur a £25 charge to re-book, unless cancellation is made 48 hours prior to the course. Any course, for example, level 2 Gym, level 3 PT or CPD course each are given 24 months to complete from point of registration (not enrolment).
Learners wishing to upgrade or add CPD courses will NOT be required to submit another application form. Consent will be accepted given verbally and confirmed only when an email is sent from Ultimate PT Training containing details of the course(s) upgraded to or added on
A £95 admin fee is applicable for any upgrades or changes to course package.
13) Ultimate PT Training reserves the right to remove from any course, students that fail to comply with its standard practices and procedures. Ultimate PT Training also reserves the right to refuse enrolments, or suggest alternative arrangements, if it believes it will not be in the best interest of the company, other participants or the individual concerned to attend an Ultimate PT Training course.
14) Any changes to a confirmed face-to-face course booking (including change of dates, alterations and cancellations) will be liable to an administration fee of £150.00. Where a refund of fees is due, the administration fee will be deducted from the amount refunded. Any non-attendees to training days or assessment days will be liable to a fee of £100 to rebook, unless cancellation is made 24 hours or more prior to attendance such as in Bereavement and or Hospitalisation which in such circumstances must be proven, I.E; Discharge note, GP letter etc.
15) Ultimate PT Training works with different Awarding Organisations that are all regulated by OFQUAL. As part of your agreement, Ultimate PT Training will decide which Awarding Organisation qualification is best suited to you, with your full understanding and prior agreement. We do not specify on your enrolment form which Awarding Organisation qualification you will receive. This is decided after your enrolment onto a specific delivery method or location/Qualification. As an independent training provider, we reserve the right to change the Awarding Organisations we are working with in the best interest of our learners and our business. We guarantee that the qualification you will receive regardless of which Awarding Organisation will be issued by an OFQUAL regulated awarding organisation and 100% recognised by REPS, the Fitness Register and every health club in the UK. The qualifications are also recognised internationally in MOST countries, however there can be exceptions, so this is the responsibility of the Student to check this via REPS or via that countries recognised Awarding Organisations and bodies, prior to enrolment as once enrolled no refunds can be given. For further clarification please speak to our enrolment team.
16) Applications for all courses which require a pre-requisite qualification must be accompanied by proof of the required qualification within 28 days of enrolment, failure to produce the evidence can result in cancellation of the enrolled course and any fees paid will be forfeited along with the aforementioned £150 admin fee.
17) Ultimate PT Training reserves the right to withdraw the applications of learners that it deems are unfit to start or continue with a course. Ultimate PT Training will not in any shape or form tolerate any form of abuse towards its centre staff or Tutors. Any learner whose behaviour or conduct we deem inappropriate will be immediately withdrawn from their course and legal action taken if necessary. This also applies to the conduct of authorised representatives of the learner (may include: Parent, Guardian, Partner, Spouse, Friend etc.) – if deemed inappropriate, the learner will immediately be withdrawn from their course and legal action taken if necessary, all monies paid to date whether in full or part payment will be forfeited.
We understand circumstances may lead to learners needing to cancel their courses after the 28 day period following enrolment. In these circumstances we apply a cancellation fee of £250 for fulltime or self-study learners irrespective of whether commenced or not. For flexi learners that have had a face to face meeting with their Tutor the cancellation fee is £350 irrespective of meeting content. However the cancellation fee is only applicable in the first six months from point of enrolment (not the point that course is commenced – for example, a learner may enrol on the 1st January but not start their course until the 28th January – here the cancellation period would start from 1st January).
In order to be eligible, learners cannot have defaulted on any payments. Thereafter no cancellation will be accepted. Any payments (whether part or in full) made up until the point of request to cancel will NOT be refunded. The cancellation fee once paid will mean that the Ultimate PT Training will no longer request monies from you and will terminate your learning with us.
Full time learners who have attended any intensive course or any part of an intensive course will NOT be eligible to cancel at any time after attendance. Learners who have had courses transferred to them will NOT be eligible to cancel the course or any refunds.
19) We operate a one free theory exam re-sit policy, any theory Exam re-sits after this come with a cost of £50 per learner also any learners that fail to attend any assessments whether practical or theory based without previously notifying us, will incur a £50 non-attendance fee, unless in an Emergency as aforementioned, you will automatically forfeit your right to free re-sits. With practical re-sits there is a cost of £50 per learner.
20) Flexi and Self-Study learners will be provided with PDF manuals ONLY. Hard-copy manuals of Level 2 Gym and Level 3 Personal Training are available at a cost of £40 inclusive of postage (Level 2 manual and Level 3 manual) – Please contact us if you would like to order hard-copies of your manuals.
PDFs or hard-copy manuals will not be sent until the centre receives a completed application form (ILP) and is in adherence to the terms and conditions set on this page. Ultimate PT Training does not take responsibility for failed deliveries or non-collection of hard-copy manuals. If there is no one available to sign for delivery, responsibility will lay upon the learner to collect from their local post office or contact Royal Mail to re-arrange delivery. Tracking numbers will be provided to learners upon request.
21) CPD courses must be booked via email and not over the phone (so there is documented evidence of this) – this ensures you will have a record of your booking request. CPD courses must be attended during the times stated on your confirmation email, failure to attend the full course will result in non – certification and no refunds.
Flexi learners can meet their Assessor/Tutor on a date, time and location that is convenient to them both spread over a time period that is suitable to both and by prior agreement. We do not guarantee that you will have the same Mentor (Tutor/Assessor) during your time studying with us – we reserve the right to change your Mentor at any time during your learning stage to suit the needs of the business. You will of course be communicated the details of your new Mentor if this happens. This may happen on multiple occasions due to the demands of the business and its Students. The number of visits one on one with your Tutor/Assessor/Mentor is agreed upon enrolment and is a maximum of 6 contact face to face visits for approximately 2 hours each for level 2 (12 hours) and 8 x 2 hourly visits for level 3 (16 hours), it may be appropriate via prior consent to arrange more visits, in such circumstances there will be an additional agreed cost of £50 per visit. On some occasions it may not be possible to meet one on one face to face depending upon location and times, this can be discussed to see if it is applicable on a case by case basis prior to enrolment.
If a face to face visit is booked by you the student and you do not show up there will be a no show fee of £50.
22) Full time learners will be unable to commence study until the centre receives a completed application form. We may upon occasion take photographs of full time/part time learners while they are on the course. These pictures may be used on our marketing and promotional material. Any objections to this must be made in writing before the course commences.
23) External certificates will not be issued until the centre has received a completed evaluation form and full payment for the course has been made. As of December 1st 2014, Due to data protection, results for theory papers will under no circumstances be provided over the phone. They will be emailed to learners registered email addresses only.
24) Payments: Ultimate PT Training reserves the right to withdraw learners that do not keep up to date with any payments outstanding.
25) All payment plans are not subject to credit agreements but are agreements made internally with Ultimate PT Training and are legally binding. Payment plans will usually be made in accordance with expected modular completion and used as a guideline for staged payments. In these cases the total number of payments to be made by the learner are required to be made within a period not exceeding 12 months beginning with the date of the agreement/enrolment. Overseas learners must make payment in full before the course commences. Overseas learners are responsible for their own visa arrangements if required.
26) All payment plans are NOT subject to interest, interest related charges or additional charges.
Non-payment of agreed payment plans will result in referrals to third party debt collectors. If referred to collection recovery agents, you will be liable and be charged for all legal and collection costs. If the debt is referred to a debt collection agency all fees and charges incurred will be the responsibility of the learner and will be legally enforceable.
27) Exams marked by the centre will have results issued within 14 working days.
Note: That does not mean 14 working days from the date of you attending the assessment, but 14 working days from the point the assessments are received at Ultimate PT Training head office. Those marked by the governing bodies can also take up to 14 working days.
28) Refunds: A reminder, as listed above – any cancellations made within 7 days of booking will receive a full refund. For any cancellations after this period please refer to the clauses listed above.
29) Internal Verification Process: Your Learner Assessment Portfolios (LAPs) 1st submission will take up to 21 working days to be internally verified (please note: this is from the date that we receive your LAP in the office).
2nd submissions (referred LAP’s) will take up to 21 working days to be marked.
30) External Verification process: as soon as you have completed your course and paid your account in full we will send your LAP to the external verifier who will then release your certificates via the awarding body upon which you are enrolled. This process is out of our hands and can take the awarding organisation up to 60 working days.